Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wigs Vs Weaves

I have never worn a full weave but I have used pieces in my hair to create a look and I didn't care for it. Let me tell you why I don't like weaves. The hairdresser uses glue to hold the pieces into the hair and I found that this actually will take your hair out. My natural hair was getting snatched out when I would try to remove the pieces from my head and sometimes I had a hard time removing the pieces because of this. I didn't want to keep pulling out my natural hair and weaves are expensive to begin with. It costs a lot of money to get a weave and has a lot more maintenance to it. I also heard the full weaves are painful because they sew the hair in.

I prefer wigs over weaves easily. Wigs are temporary. You can change them according to the weather, your outfit for the day and the style you are going for. I like the fact that I can have short hair one day and long hair the next. I can have straight hair or curly. If I want my hair a different color without changing my natural color then I can buy a wig and put it on for instant color change. They are great for women who have gray hair and get tired of dying their natural hair all the time.

Trying a wig is a good way to see what you look like with another hair style or hair color before doing something drastically permanent to your hair. Some women will chop all their hair off and a week or two later they realize they wish they had never cut their hair. Wigs can solve this problem so you can have an idea on what you will look like with short hair.

Wigs are not that expensive unless you want human hair but you can buy a synthetic hair wig and they look just as real as human hair. Maintenance of a wig is minimal. Washing them with a mild soap then rinsing and hanging it on a wig stand is all that is needed to keep it up. After a while the wig will get ragged looking on the ends if using synthetic hair but if price is your concern I would go for synthetic. If what you want is continual wear then buy human hair wigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment